12-Year Program (TYP) Public Forum
The State Transportation Commission conducts an Online Public Forum every two years as part of the 12-Year Program (TYP) update Public Comment Period.
The purpose of the Public Forum is to provide a convenient way to discuss current transportation issues and answer your transportation questions live.
The first Online Public Forum for the TYP update was broadcast as a webinar in 2013 as part of the public outreach modernization effort. Since then, Public Forums were broadcast in 2015, 2017, and 2019 as part of each TYP update. In 2019, the Public Forum was also streamed through Facebook Live to provide easier accessibility and wider participation.
What happens during the Public Forum?
The one-hour-long Public Forum typically begins with a presentation by the Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT), the State Transportation Commissioners, and the Secretary of Transportation. They present Pennsylvania’s recent transportation accomplishments and upcoming goals. After the presentation, the floor is opened to answer participants' questions. After the Public Forum, a list of submitted questions and answers is made available for public review. View the 2019 Online Public Forum questions and answers.
When is the Public Forum?
The State Transportation Commission is hosting an Online Public Forum with Pennsylvania’s Secretary of Transportation on Tuesday, March 23, 2021, from 6:30 – 7:30 p.m. Register for the free event!
- Registration is desired, but not required to attend the Public Forum.
- The Public Forum will be livestreamed via Zoom and Facebook Live.
- Interested individuals who do not have internet access should contact PennDOT at 717-783-2262 to obtain the call-in number for listening-in only.
- There will be a live Q&A session following the presentation.
- You can submit transportation questions during the Q&A session or ask them in advance via the registration page or by emailing them to RA-PennDOTSTC@pa.gov.
- All questions and answers received will be posted on TalkPATransportation.com at the conclusion of the Public Comment Period.
PennDOT will make all reasonable modifications to policies, programs, and documents to ensure that people with disabilities and those with limited English proficiency have an equal opportunity to enjoy all of its programs, services, and activities. In accordance with Governor Tom Wolf's COVID-19 mitigation efforts, the Public Forum will be held online only.
To request assistance to participate in the survey or Public Forum, please contact PennDOT’s Program Center by emailing RA-PennDOTSTC@pa.gov or calling 717-783-2262 from 7:30 a.m. - 4 p.m. Requests for assistance to participate in the Public Forum should be made by March 15, 2021. If you have other questions or challenges, please contact PennDOT’s Bureau of Equal Opportunity to request help by emailing RAemail@example.com or calling 1-800-468-4201; TTY (711).Register for the Public Forum